The Bright family Lived in Biggin, Chadwell from 1928 to1936 at Marsh House, which is now called Biggin Farm. Here are some early family photos of the house, barns, meadows and Biggin Lane, with the cart sheds and pond which stood further down the lane. Today the pond and cart sheds are no longer there.
The young girl is Peggy Bright. She can remember Marsh House in the 1930s when it had no electricity or gas, just coal fires with the toilet outside.
Also there is Mr. Bright, cutting felt for the chicken sheds at Marsh House. A map has been added to indicate the position of Marsh House, barns (Red Ring). Also the roads – Biggin Lane (Blue), Marshfoot Road (Red and Black) Chadwell Hill(Green).
Also notice there is no New Chadwell Hill (or the Chadwell by pass as it was called) on this early map.