50 Years ago - 1963
Reshaping of Tilbury Docks
The reshaping of Tilbury Docks has started
The first stage of a £20,000,000, five year reshaping of Tilbury docks started on the 15th June, 1963. The contractors began work on two new berths on land west of the main docks. The scheme was described as the biggest development in the London since the 1920’s.
Supplied by Jonathan Catton from the Thurrock Museum.